Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kansas City Crushing!

There isn't too much to be said about today's game other than..."It's About Time!" I'm sure every San Diego fan out there was as satisfied as my self as we watched our Chargers destroy Kansas City. No hard feelings KC, but we needed that sort of win to get our momentum going. I hope the Chargers carry the momentum from today's game to next week and crush Oakland in SD. It may have come later than us fans would have liked, but I believe that San Diego is picking up the broken pieces of their team and putting it back together correctly. One negative that I saw was the O-line and LT trying to get into the end zone in short yardage situations. That being said, I am happy to see that Norv kept LT in and tried to give him the TD. I think it is important to the team, to the fans, and mostly to LT to know that his coach believes in him. Tomlinson was running great the first half of that game, but it seemed like KC got his number the second half. The passing game was great also, with Rivers hitting Jackson multiple times for big yard plays. It warmed my heart to see the little banners on NFL Today that showed the stats, and the Chargers being at the top of nearly every list. Although it was an exciting game for the Bolts, there is still the fact that Kansas City is not that great of a football team. I look forward to seeing how the Chargers play in a harder situation. I feel like Norv Turner got the message that the fans sent him after Denver last week. I think he will work on the criticisms and hopefully pull this team that has so much potential out of the gutter. Today was the first step, but there still many games left and the Bolts need them all. The more that turn out like today, the better. I don't know about you, but I would rather be bored watching the Chargers totally annihilate a team, then be stressed out watching a close game where the Chargers barely win or lose. Every other game I want to be close for the love of a good game, but San Diego I want to have won before halftime. There were little things here and there that need improvement, but with a 37-7 win, I don't feel it appropriate to dwell on them too much. The coaches and the players need to do that, and hopefully they prepare well for Oakland next week. Oh, and NO MORE INJURIES!!! That being said, I will sleep well tonight and dream about the Superbowl. GO BOLTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment