Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Monday Night Meltdown


Alright, I said in "Sad Day for San Diego" that I didn't want to talk too much about their problems because the wounds were still too fresh. Well it's been a couple of days, and I have been thinking about a few things. One, on the Chargers first real drive they were two yards from the endzone and Norv puts little Sproles in to try to push the pile!! What?!?! LT was running great that drive, and Norv makes that bogus call! It is a sore spot because he did the same thing in Pittsburgh. He should have thrown it on that play anyways, but if he was going to try to push through the line then he should have used one of the bigger backs. Are you kidding Norv?!?! The play calling was alright for the most part, but when it comes down to the clutch situations, Norv Turner is not the right man for the job. He was saying before the game how he wants the guys to play well, not neccesarily focus on winning...Well....I hate to break it to you Norv, but winning is the only way you're going to keep your job. The Chargers NEED to win, playing well is nice, but if they don't pull off the win, then it is pointless. I don't care if the Chargers played their super dooper bestest and lost to New Orleans or some other good team by two points...If they do not win, they lose. If they lose, they don't go to playoffs. If they don't go to playoffs, then San Diego better fire Norv Turner for destroying a once good team. The way I see it, Mike Shanahan is floating around out there. He would probably do a much better job with the Chargers. I hope the GM seriously considers that. There are plenty of great coaches out there that could easily take this talented team to the playoffs. Norv needs to learn how to motivate, not take them into the locker room during halftime and say, "you guys are doing alright out there, maybe with just a little more effort we might win." What!! Do your job Norv, and tell Ron Rivera to do his, or you all will be looking for jobs. I am sick of watching the Chargers lose games they could have won. Should have, could have, would have, but didn't....I don't know about the rest of you Charger fans out there, but I am very aggravated over our situation this year and I blame the coaching. That's all I have to say. GO BOLTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment